Cass County Flood Hotline
Emergencies please contact local emergency services by dialing 911
Cass County Departments are currently preparing for major flood conditions along the Red, Sheyenne, Wild Rice, Rush and Maple Rivers in Cass County. Residents and property owners are advised to take all necessary precautions to prevent loss of property and serious injury due to rising flood waters. In the coming days this page will continuously updated with information about current conditions and County operational status.
We thank everyone for their volunteer sandbag production efforts. Currently we have adequate filled sandbags to meet our goal. We will announce through press releases if conditions change where we will need additional community involvement.
Residents west of the Sheyenne River may find elevation and flood stage information on the International Water Institute website: https://gisapps.iwinst.org/map-portal/
Please contact Cass County Engineering with questions about your property.
For information on how to prepare your home and family for a flood please visit the NDSU Extension's Flood Information website.
Current River Observations:
Additional National Weather Service Products:
Cass County Government's Sandbag Policy:
Sandbag Costs and Sand Distribution:
- Bags are $.10/bag. This price includes sand and sand delivery.
- Bags are still $.10/bag even if resident does not want sand.
- Bags sold in bundles of 1,000 only. Bundles will not be broken up for smaller quantities.
- 10 cubic yards of sand/bundle of bags will be delivered (this will fill 1,000 bags)
- If residents have bags from previous years they may order sand at no charge.
- A new form is required for each order even if resident has previously ordered sand/bags.
Below you can view and print high quality elevation and contour maps for most high risk flood areas.
- Woodlawn Elevation Flood Map
- Willow Creek Elevation Flood Map
- Wild Rice River Estates Elevation Flood Map
- Wild_Rice Elevation Flood Map
- Ulphie Elevation Flood Map
- Sunrise Acres\Woodland Elevation Flood Map
- Stockmans Elevation Flood Map
- South St Benedict Elevation Flood Map
- South Oxbow\Hickson Elevation Flood Map
- South of Round Hill Elevation Flood Map
- South of Oxbow Elevation Flood Map
- South of Lake Shure Elevation Flood Map
- South of Co Rd 20\West of Co Rd 17 Elevation Flood Map
- South of Co Rd20 along Red and Sheyenne Rivers Elevation Flood Map
- South of 112th Kellers Elevation Flood Map
- Siebels Elevation Flood Map
- Sheyenne Valley Farm Elevation Flood Map
- Selbergs Southside Elevation Flood Map
- Selbergs Northside Elevation Flood Map
- Round Hill Elevation Flood Map