Land Owner Assistance


 Application for Landowner Assistance

Controlling noxious weeds can be a costly endeavor for the landowner.  The Weed Board can provide partial reimbursement for herbicide and application costs.  The assistance is available to all landowners and land managers for non-crop and non-CRP acres.  Pastures, rangeland, private roadsides and wasteland areas in Cass County qualify.

Reimbursements can be made for up to 80% of certain herbicides and up to $3.50 per acre for application costs, up to a maximum of $1500 per applicant.  Control measures can be conducted at anytime during the growing season.  Applications need to be in the Weed Control Office by October 31.  If the total reimbursements requests are higher than the budgeted amount, reimbursements will be pro rated to stay within budget.  Reimbursements will be determined by the Weed Board during its November Board meeting. 

To apply for reimbursement, compete, print and sign the application and include an aerial map (FSA, Google Earth or similar) of the of the infested area and the purchase receipt of approved herbicides.

Mail all information to Cass County Weed Control, 1201 Main Ave., W,  West Fargo, ND 58078.