Find My Discharge

How do you find a copy of your discharge/DD214?

You may be able to get a copy from our office.  We maintain all discharges, including those that were previously registered by the Cass County Clerk of Courts.

If we don't have it, there are several places where your discharge/DD214 may have been stored:

Include the following information when requesting a copy:

  • Veteran’s full name used in service.
  • Dates of service (as close as possible)
  • Service number and/or Social Security Number
  • Veterans Date of Birth
  • Branch of Service

We can assist you with locating a copy of your discharge/DD214 for no charge. 

Requests for copies of discharge papers may be made by the Veteran or the next of kin of a deceased Veteran which include; a surviving spouse that has not remarried, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, or brother.