You have a right to...
- File a written application for veterans' benefits at any time, even if told that you are not eligible.
- Receive assistance completing an application for an earnest claim from your local accredited veterans' advocate.
- Receive a full explanation of the services and benefits available.
- Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits.
- Be treated with dignity and respect and to receive accurate, courteous, and timely service.
- Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken in your case.
- Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purpose of determining your eligibility for benefits.
- Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to sex, race, religion, handicap, ethnicity, or national origin.