Whether supplied by the veteran, the state or US Department of Veterans Affairs, or other parties shall remain confidential and will not be released or discussed except to those personally connected to the case with a need to know in order to assist the veteran or the veterans dependents.
The Veterans Service Officer or Representative...
- Will prepare and perfect all claims to the best of his or her ability with the intent of affording the claimant the benefits to which they are entitled and insure that all information is true and factual to the best of his/her knowledge.
- Will maintain high professional standards in dealing with other service officers, (federal, state, and local), other persons, and agencies as necessary in service to his or her client.
- Will provide services without prejudice to all persons making a claim to the state or US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Will, to the best of his or her ability, maintain a working knowledge of all rules and regulations concerning veterans’ benefits and will strive to keep such knowledge updated in light of constantly changing laws and regulations.
- Will not, under any circumstances, accept remuneration in cash or other form for services rendered.
- Will not, under any circumstances, serve as guardians, committees, or fiduciaries for any other individuals receiving benefits from the US Department of Veterans Affairs or any other agency.