At this time, for any in-person appointments please call (701) 241-5746 to set up a meeting during an available time. Building access is CLOSED to the public except with a scheduled appointment. Please visit www.casscountynd.gov/appointments for details. Thank you for understanding during these challenging times.
Cass County is home to North Dakota's largest Veteran population with almost 10,000 Veterans! We are your local resource for dedicated and professional assistance in obtaining federal and state veterans’ benefits. We provide the expertise and advocacy that Veterans and their Families need to optimize their access to the benefits they earned.
Services we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits counseling
- Claims preparation and submission
- Claims follow-up to ensure final decisions
- Initiate and develop appeals when appropriate
- Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies
- Certification of discharge papers (DD-214) for filing claims with the VA.
Information and referral for the following:
- Public assistance
- Defense Finance and Accounting Services
- Homeless issues
- Military Service Center
Assistance offered in filing for the following benefits:
- Compensation (service-related injuries or disease).
- Re-open compensation claim for increase or re-evaluation.
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation for survivors (based upon service-connected disability or death).
- Nonservice-connected pension (for war era veterans only).
- Death pension (for survivors of wartime era veterans only).
- Admission to the State Veterans Home.
- Request for military records and decorations.
- Discharge upgrade and correction of military records.
- VA home loan guarantee eligibility.
- Education benefits (VA).
- Disability life insurance and waiver of premiums
- Payment of proceeds of VA life insurance.
- Burial benefits (VA).
- Medical care/dental care at VA facilities.
These services are provided at NO CHARGE to Veterans and their dependents.