The office of County Treasurer was created by the state constitution. The duties of the treasurer’s office include the receipt, management and disbursement of public funds as well as collection, management and distribution of property taxes levied by various units of local government.
In addition, Cass County has appointed the treasurer’s office the additional duties of administering marriage licenses and performing wedding solemnizations (ceremonies).
The treasurer’s office can provide information on the following subjects:
- How to Pay Property Taxes
- Understanding Your Property Tax Bill
- Understanding Special Assessments
- Property Tax Calendar – When are taxes due?
- Property Tax Relief - Exemptions/Credits
- Delinquent Tax Procedures - Real Estate
- How to Register a Mobile Home
- How to Pay Mobile Home Taxes
- Understanding Your Mobile Home Tax Bill
- Property Tax Calendar - When are taxes due?
- Property Tax Relief – Exemptions/Credits
- Delinquent Tax Procedures – Mobile Home
- How to obtain a Mobile Home Moving Permit
- How do I obtain a marriage license?
- How/where can I have a wedding solemnization (ceremony) done?
- How do I change my name after I get married?