The primary mission of the Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office is to seek justice and promote public safety by holding criminal offenders accountable and empowering victims. We work with law enforcement and county agencies to serve the needs and best interests of Cass County and its citizens.
The State’s Attorney’s Office carries out a broad spectrum of legal duties as outlined in Chapter 11-16 of the North Dakota Century Code. These duties include:
- Criminal prosecution
- Juvenile justice
- Child deprivation, child support, and parental termination matters
- Legal service to county departments
- Involuntary mental health commitments
- Civil commitment of sexually dangerous individuals
- Administration and policy functions of the State’s Attorney’s Office
- Guidance and training to law enforcement agencies within Cass County, including:
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office
- ND Highway Patrol
- West Fargo PD
- Fargo PD
The State’s Attorney is an elected official in Cass County.
Please browse our site and learn more about the role of the State’s Attorney’s Office and how we are able to help you and your family. Together, we can make Cass County a safer place to live and raise a family.