- Child Care Assistance: (CCA) A federal program to provide financial assistance to low income families to meet their child care expenses resulting from employment, education or training.
- Children’s Special Health Services: A state funded program administered by the county to identify, diagnose, and treat children who have congenital handicaps or other conditions resulting from injuries or illnesses. Eligible families must meet income guidelines.
- Crossroads: A program administered by Job Services, North Dakota, that supports minors who are completing their high school studies. Case Management services include: career exploration, job search techniques, and Child Care Assistance. The Child Care Assistance Program is managed by County Social Services and is intended to reimburse eligible parents for the costs of care incurred while they attend high school and, in some cases, care provided while they work.
- Foster Care: A program whereby payment for room, board, supervision, clothing and personal needs can be made for children who cannot live with relatives, but live in licensed foster homes.
- General Assistance Burial Program: A program that assists with the payment of burial expenses for indigent individuals in which no other means to pay for services is available. For more information about the program, please complete the Burial Assistance Application.
- According to ND Law, surviving family members have a responsibility to for burial expenses for their deceased family members. To determine if you are qualify for coverage, please complete the Relative Affidavit Application.
- LIHEAP (Seasonal and Emergency): To provide assistance to eligible households to partially offset the rising costs of home energy and prevent the loss of services in situations when unpaid charges jeopardize their safety.
- Medical Assistance: (MA) A program designed to assist eligible individuals and families to obtain health care.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: (SNAP) A cooperative effort of County, State and Federal governments to assure proper nutrition for eligible participants, by increasing their food buying power.
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families: (TANF) A program to provide financial assistance to children, deprived of parental support, who are in need of money for food, shelter, clothing, and personal needs. Included is TANF Kinship Care, a program providing cash assistance to families caring for related children who have been placed in their care by County Social Services and who have been deemed to require additional financial support.
Are you eligible for services?
Online Program Applications are now available: HTTP://apply.dhs.nd.gov
For additional information, please contact (701) 241-5761.