To enhance the overall quality of life in Cass County through proactive growth management.
What We Do
The Planning Office regulates the development of land outside corporate city limits and city extraterritorial jurisdiction areas. The Planning Office is staffed by the County Planner that serves as the administrative officer of the Planning Commission.
The Planning Office is tasked to respond to inquiries and manage application processes in regards to the use and development of land and evaluate proposals against the Cass County Comprehensive Plan, Cass County Subdivision Ordinance, Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance, Cass County Highway Access Ordinance, and Township Zoning Ordinances prior to their implementation.
- Subdivision (Plat) administration within County jurisdiction
- Floodplain administration for cities and townships not participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Provide GIS mapping and technical assistance services for the Highway Department
- Rural 911 addressing application intake tasks
- Planning, floodplain, and zoning assistance to local governments
- Participation in metro wide planning efforts