To have a wedding performed by the Cass County Finance office:
Marriage Ceremony/Solemnization at the Cass County Courthouse
In order to get married at the Cass County Courthouse, you must first obtain your marriage license. After the license has been obtained, you may make an appointment to have the ceremony at the Courthouse. Ceremonies will not be booked more than 60 days in advance.
Marriage ceremonies/solemnizations are performed daily (Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 11:00 am and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm) by appointment only in the courthouse. Ceremonies are not scheduled if the courthouse is closed. Ceremonies are scheduled on a first come/first served basis, based on availability, and there may be a one to three week waiting period. The waiting period may be longer during busier times of the year (summer months).
The Cass County Finance Office will perform the civil ceremony which lasts approximately 5 to 15 minutes. The cost of the wedding ceremony is set by statute at $30.00.
On the day of the ceremony:
- You must bring all three copies of the marriage license.
- You must bring two people (related or non-related) to sign as witnesses on the marriage license.
- You should arrive at the Finance office, which is located on the main floor of the Cass County Courthouse, at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled wedding ceremony, to allow for time to complete the Marriage License paperwork. We will also collect the ceremony fee and fee for certified copies at this time.
- You must be here at the scheduled time for your ceremony or the ceremony will be cancelled.
- You may bring up to 20 immediate family members or friends to this ceremony.
- You may obtain a certified copy of the marriage license after the ceremony is completed. The fee for this is $10.00. At least one certified copy is required for any name changes or to legally prove marriage. If you need additional certified copies, they are $5.00 each (2 copies = $15.00).
Payment for ceremony fees and certified copies may be made by cash, check or credit card. Payments made by credit card will incur an additional $3.00 convenience fee.