Election Clerk Qualifications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Must be an eligible voter in Cass County, ND;
- Must be at least 16 years of age;
- Must have basic computer skills;
- Must be able to proofread material (printed or on screen) for accuracy.
Election Clerk Duties
- Assist in the set up and tear down of the polling location;
- Verify voter’s identification and check-in voters using a tablet computer;
- Update incorrect information in the poll book;
- Other duties as assigned by the inspector.
Upon being selected as an election worker, you will be required to...
- attend a short training session (approximately 2 hours),
- participate in setting up the polling location on Election Day, and
- be willing to work the entire day.
Top 5 Reasons to be a Poll Clerk in Cass County
- You’ll work side by side with your neighbors and meet new people
- You’ll play a vital role in the democratic process
- Your community needs you. North Dakota must recruit 3,000 poll workers this year for elections to run smoothly
- It’s a great opportunity to help people and serve your community…and have fun doing it!
And the Number One Reason to Be A Poll Worker…..
- You can get paid $13.46 per hour to do a good thing!
If you are interested in working during the election as a poll clerk, fill out the Poll Clerk Application Form below..
If you have any additional questions or are having trouble completing the application, please call 701-241-5600.