What is Emergency Management?
The Emergency Management department is responsible for reducing the effects of disasters before they occur. This is done through identifying threats and hazards, and planning for and coordinating the operations and response needed during a disaster.
We manage resources and coordinate any recovery efforts following a disaster, as well as providing public information. We work with numerous local, volunteer, state, and federal organizations on an ongoing basis. We provide:
- Effective and orderly governmental coordination of emergency operations during emergencies
- Development and maintenance of the County's Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
- Coordination of emergency management activities, services and programs within Cass County, including:
- Teaching people how to prepare for a disaster
- Helping prepare first responders
- Request for disaster assistance available to our communities, businesses, and individuals following a disaster
- Training and emergency simulations
- Liaison to the North Dakota Department of Emergency Services (NDDES) and other local emergency management agencies and organizations
We must all embrace our personal responsibility to be prepared – in doing so; we contribute to the safety and security of our communities as well. Find out how you can prepare yourself and family.