Mission Statement: To enhance the overall quality of life in Cass County through proactive growth management.
The Planning Office guides and regulates development within Cass County limits but outside the zoning authority of any city or organized township.
The Planning Office responds to inquiries about the use of land and physical development from residents, developers, realtors, and others based on the Comprehensive Plan, subdivision regulations, and township zoning ordinances. Its focuses include:
- Subdivision administration for unincorporated areas in the County
- Floodplain administration for townships not participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- GIS and technical assistance to Highway Department
- Rural 911 addressing
- Planning and floodplain technical assistance to local governments
- Participation in metro wide planning