To enhance the overall quality of life in Cass County through proactive growth management.
What We Do
The Planning Office regulates the development of land outside the corporate limits or any area of extraterritorial jurisdiction of a city. The County Planner serves as the administrative officer of the Planning Commission.
The Planning Office responds to inquiries about the use and development of land from residents, developers, realtors, and others based on the Cass County Comprehensive Plan, Cass County Subdivision Ordinance, Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance, Cass County Highway Access Ordinance, and Township Zoning Ordinances.
- Subdivision (Plat) administration for the jurisdicational areas in the County
- Floodplain administration for cities and townships not participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- GIS and technical assistance to Highway Department
- Rural 911 addressing
- Planning, floodplain, and zoning assistance to local governments
- Participation in metro wide planning