are responsible for handing out the election ballots. These positions are the political positions on the election board. The Election Judges are appointed by the District Party Chairpersons of the Democratic and Republican Parties. If you interested in serving as an Election Judge, please contact the District Party Chairperson
for the Legislative District in which you live. We are always looking for extra judges to fill in as needed as well. Feel free to contact the Cass County Auditor's office with your interest as well.
Election Clerks are hired by the Cass County Auditor's office. Please keep in mind that all precincts use electronic pollbooks, similar to a laptop computer. While the use of the electronic poll books is very simple, basic computer skills are necessary.
Election Clerk Qualifications:
Must be a U.S. Citizen;
Must be an eligible voter in Cass County, ND;
Must be at least 16 years of age;
Must have basic computer skills;
Must be able to proofread material (printed or on screen) for accuracy.
Election Clerk Duties:
Assist in the set up and tear down of the polling location;
Verify voter’s identification and check-in voters;
Update incorrect information in the poll book;
Other duties as assigned by the inspector.
Upon being selected as an election worker, you will be required to:
- attend a short training session (approximately 3 hours),
- participate in setting up the polling location on Election Day, and
- be willing to work the entire day.
Top 5 Reasons to be a Poll Clerk in Cass County:
5. You’ll work side by side with your neighbors and meet new people.
4. You’ll play a vital role in the democratic process.
3. Your community needs you. North Dakota must recruit 3,000 poll workers this year for elections to run smoothly.
2. It’s a great opportunity to help people and serve your community….and have fun doing it!
And the Number One Reason to Be A Poll Worker…..
1. You can get paid $12.64 per hour to do a good thing!
If you are interested in working during the election as a poll clerk, fill out the online application form below.
Poll Clerk Application Form
If you have any additional questions or are having trouble completing the application, please call 701-241-5631.