(Adopted October 18, 2006)
ARTICLE I. NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Cass County Youth Commission and shall hereby be known as the CCYC.
ARTICLE II. PURPOSE OF COMMISSION
- Section 1 General PurposeThe purpose of the CCYC is to empower potential young leaders in county government and enable them to take an active role in their community.
- Section 2 Specific Functions
Specific functions of the commission shall include, but not be limited to the following:
a. To educate youth in the role of county government.
b. To identify and strengthen youth leadership skills.
c. To represent youth interests by serving as a liaison between the Cass County Commission and the youth of Cass County.
d. To empower youth to take an active role in their community.
e. To provide opportunities for youth from different geographic areas to know one another and develop a level of mutual trust and respect.
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP
The CCYC membership shall consist of student members representing grade 10, 11 and 12. These memberships shall consist of no more than two (2) students from each of the public and private high schools in Cass County, and are appointed by each high school administrator. An advisory board for the CCYC will be responsible for direction of the CCYC and it’s membership. The CCYC Advisory Board may appoint members at-large whenever one (1) or more schools have fewer than two (2) appointees. Each member is appointed for a term of one (1) year.
- Section 2 Vacancies
Vacancies for all commission members may be filled by persons appointed by the high school administration in accordance with the provisions of Article III, Section 1. above.
ARTICLE IV. OFFICERS
The officers of the CCYC shall consist of a Chairman, a Vice Chairman, a Secretary, and a Treasurer. All officers shall be elected annually at the second regular meeting, and shall serve for a term of one (1) year.
- Section 2 Duties of Officers
The Chairman shall preside at all regular meetings of the Commission. The Chairman shall be an ex-officio member of all standing committees and should be notified of their members. The Chairman shall make quarterly reports to the Cass County Board of Commissioners concerning the activities of the CCYC.
The Vice Chairman shall preside in the absence of the Chairman and shall fulfill all other duties of the Chairman if the Chairman is unable to perform the duties of office.
The Secretary shall preside in the absence of the Chairman and Vice Chairman, and shall keep minutes of and attend each regular meeting and maintain records of all standing committee meetings. The Secretary shall perform such other duties as may be delegated.
The Treasurer shall maintain the financial records of the Commission.
ARTICLE V. MEETINGS
The CCYC shall meet once every month except in the months of June, July, and August, at the Cass County Courthouse, unless notice is given in writing at least one (1) week prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. Special meetings shall be called by the Chairman as occasion demands.
- Section 1 Place, Time, and Date of Meetings
- Section 2 Business
All affairs and business of the organization shall be determined upon majority vote of the members present and voting at any regular or special meetings at which at least eleven (11) of the members are present. Meetings shall be conducted according to Robert’s Rule of Order.
ARTICLE VI. EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Section 1 Executive Board CompositionThe officers of the CCYC shall constitute the Executive Board.
- Section 2 Role of Executive BoardThe Executive Board shall have general supervision of the affairs of the CCYC between it’s meetings, make recommendations to the full membership and perform other duties as specified in these bylaws.
ARTICLE VII. COMMITTEES
The following Standing Committees are hereby established: Special Projects and Student Relations. The Commission Chairman shall appoint a Chairman for each committee.
- Section 2 Duties of Standing CommitteesThe Special Projects Committee shall coordinate all service projects and county-wide social activities sponsored by the Commission.
Special Projects Committee:
Student Relations Committee:
The Student Relations Committee shall coordinate all activities and projects pertaining to the communication of youth issues and ideas.
ARTICLE VIII. AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
These bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting of the CCYC by a two-thirds vote, provided that the amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous regular meeting and regular meeting and has been approved by the CCYC Advisory Board
ARTICLE IX. AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
- Section 1 Commission Meeting AttendanceEach CCYC member is required to attend at least one Commission meeting throughout the school year. The Cass County Commission Chairman will assign each member to a specific Commissioner during the meeting.